Monday, April 5, 2010

Food Confessions

The past few weeks have had their challenges with our local foods consumption.  I have had to purchase certain items that are not on our list of ‘acceptable’ items and I felt compelled to write a blog entry about this.  It’s important to know that nobody is perfect and slipping up from time to time is expected from everyone.  We are by no means perfect.  In the past two weeks, I have purchased the following:

-Organic sour cream (part of a birthday cake)

-Guinness (part of a birthday cake)

-Two small bottles of caffeine free diet Pepsi

-Diet tonic water

-Peanut butter (it’s locally made but the peanuts are not from Ohio)

In terms of non-local purchases that are within our allowances, I have bought the following:

-Environmentally friendly vodka

-Organic, fair trade vanilla

-Fair trade baking cocoa

-Fair trade chocolate bars

I guess in the grand scheme of things, it isn’t bad for a two week span but each purchase I make that isn’t local just drives me nuts!  But now that I’ve admitted it, it’s back on the bandwagon and from now on I am going to try to be better about reporting my weekly menus so it’s all out there in the open.  Ugh.  I want some potato chips.  - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment