Thursday, June 2, 2016

Spring Progress

Garden life has been busy with hardening off transplants and getting them in the ground while keeping fingers crossed that this hot weather doesn't hurt my cool weather plants.  My spinach has been trying to bolt which is sad to see since my germination rates were so incredibly low with the Bloomsdale Longstanding (less than 10% of what I planted made it to plant phase despite great care).  The peas are all producing beautifully though and my onions, chickpeas, and broccoli are coming along quite well.  The green beans and black beans finally got in the ground on Tuesday.  I'm also finally getting to harvest some yummy items like young garlic, spinach, peas, strawberries, and a random volunteer lettuce plant that popped up!  Yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment